- Sector Neutral is a relative term implying a portfolio has sector weights equal to the benchmark.
- Cap weighted indices often have sector weights that vary dramatically, with business risks often concentrated in a few sectors.
- We define Sector Neutral as portfolios where sectors and subsectors are equally weighted, in order to minimize business risk concentrations.
- By neutralizing sector risk in this way, a more robust and historically higher equity risk premium can be captured, particularly in times of stress.
Syntax brings a unique perspective to investment management analytics and processes. Drawing on proprietary methodologies derived from the biotech industry, we define the DNA of companies and investment portfolios with pinpoint clarity. Through its financial analysis platform, Affinity, and its financial indices, Syntax empowers investors to meet their investment objectives with precision and accuracy.
See detailed exposure reports for thousands of individual stocks.
Find companies that have target exposures from various equity universes.
Upload portfolio holdings to find hidden exposures across over 31 different lenses and more than 1,250 unique exposures.
Stratified Weight Indices
Syntax's proprietary Stratified Weight Indices unravel the inefficiencies embedded in capitalization weighted indices to present an optimal solution for balancing risk and reward.
Using proprietary Affinity analytics, Syntax develops Thematic Indices that capture emerging and evolving market trends with pinpoint accuracy in a timely fashion.
Syntax has developed its own proprietary set of up-to-date Benchmark Indices that mirror the performance of the commonly used benchmarks.
Syntax uses a vast array of data and proprietary data sets to develop a growing range of ESG, SRI, and SDG Indices that reflect prevailing responsible investment goals.
Tax Efficient Indices
Syntax uses proprietary tax loss harvesting algorithms to create Tax Efficient Indices without compromising overall performance objectives.
Syntax works with a range of clients, including ETF issuers, institutions, and family offices to develop Custom Indices that precisely fit their needs.
LOGICLY and Syntax Indices Announce Strategic Partnership
By Sarah Grieco
Syntax Indices Appointed Data Provider for the Underlying Index of the L&G Metaverse ESG Exclusions UCITS ETF
By Sarah Grieco
Passive Perspectives: Second Quarter 2022
By Simon Whitten, Hezel Gadzikwa, Cheng Jiang
- Sell-off intensifies in Q2 as persistent inflation raises recession risk
- 2000 Roadmap: Markets echo Dotcom unwind
- Defensive equities outperform, whereas demand wanes for the inflation trade
- Despite heavy losses in June, market decline was quite orderly